Why your Kitchen Requires Extra Attention ?
The kitchen is the heart of the house, where delicious meals are made and beautiful memories are made. Keeping this area clean and tidy not only makes the environment safer but also increases cooking efficiency. From countertops to appliances, here's your detailed guide to kitchen cleaning and maintenance.
- Get Used to a Routine: Plan a routine according to your convenience. Get yourself used to a regular cleaning schedule to prevent dirt and germs. Every day, wipe down the counters, wash the dishes, and sweep the floor to keep the kitchen clean.
- Keep your Space clean and Organised: Cluttered things can make your kitchen look messy and cleaning that might look tough. To keep everything properly sorted, invest in storage options like shelves, racks, and cabinets. Label all the containers to make it easier to identify components easily without any confusion.
- Clean regularly: Make it a habit to clean while you're cooking. It helps in reducing post-cooking messes. Wash utensils and kitchenware as they are used to avoid a pile-up.
- Take Care of your Appliances: Clean your appliances simultaneously with your work for quality use. Protect your appliances from the outside also - refrigerator, microwave, oven, and dishwasher. Keep your refrigerator clean, check regularly, and throw away expired or rotten items to maintain hygiene.
- Sink and Drain: After every use clean your kitchen sink. and once every three days use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to remove stubborn stains and clean the drainage. At the end of the day, pour boiling water down the drain to prevent clogs.
- Clean the Stovetop: Clean your stovetop every time you spill something after cooking to prevent stubborn stains. Keep a check on burner grates and clean them thoroughly to avoid grease, damage, and accidents. Try to keep extra parts of the stove to avoid last minute hassle in case of damages.
7.Cleaning: Cleaning methods are different for different countertops. For example, use a mild soap and water solution for laminate countertops, and special granite cleaners for granite countertops.
8.Don’t Forget About the Floors: Sweep or vacuum the floors on a regular basis to remove crumbs and particles. Maintain the cleanliness of your floors by mopping them with a suitable cleanser.
9.Take Care of Your Pantry and Expiry Dates: Go through your pantry and check for expired items. Dispose of them properly to maintain hygiene.
10.Pest Control: Keep your food sealed in airtight containers, clean your garbage daily, and avoid storing water for longer anywhere. Arrange pest control service a minimum of half yearly or whenever required.
11.Professional Help: Take the help of professionals, when needed, for maintenance tasks like deep cleaning appliances or repairing any appliance.
A clean and tidy kitchen not only creates a healthy environment but also improves cooking skills. These ideas will help you maintain your routine, and you can make your kitchen brighter and cooking more fun!