In the last two decades, we have seen smart technology and automation seep into every aspect of our lives, enabling us to live more efficient and fulfilling lives. As technology continues to evolve, it is no surprise that kitchens are getting automated, too. Intuitive appliances that get the work done quickly and talk to you about your taste and preferences are now an integral part of modern kitchens.
By definition, a smart kitchen is a kitchen equipped with smart technology to make cooking more accessible and more convenient. It includes devices with artificial intelligence that you can control remotely to save time. A smart kitchen is a fully automated system that preps meals, preserves food and ingredients, and cleans up efficiently using modern technology.
What Do Smart Kitchens Have?
If you are renovating your kitchen or working on the interiors for your new home – it may be a good idea to look into the components of a smart kitchen. Such insights are helpful when deciding which devices to include in your kitchen to make it smarter.
- Smart Fridge – The smart fridge is one of the most popular appliances for modern smart kitchens. A smart fridge is connected to the internet, and you can remotely control the temperature settings using an app on your smartphone.
- Smart Cookers – Like all smart devices, the cooker is connected to the internet. You can cook various meals by controlling the settings, temperature, and cooking duration using an app on your smartphone.
- Smart Ovens – Smart ovens are equipped with artificial intelligence and connected to the internet. They can detect the food type using a built-in camera and suggest the optimal cooking method.
- Smart Kitchen Hubs – A smart kitchen hub is a central device that connects and controls all the devices in your kitchen. You can interact with the smart kitchen hub using your voice, app, or touch screen.
- AI-assisted Meal Planning and Recipe Suggestions – Several apps help you plan your meals, pull up the recipe, decide the quantity to cook and order the ingredients you need. It uses artificial intelligence to make suggestions for food you like and helps you avoid home cooking waste.
- Automatic Tortillas Maker Machine – An automatic tortillas maker machine is an AI-powered kitchen appliance that makes fresh rotis within minutes. It can measure, mix, knead, roll, and cook the roti dough to save time and effort.
- Smart Kitchen Hood – A smart kitchen hood does a lot more than rid your kitchen of smoke and food smells. It can monitor your cooking technique to adjust the settings and allow you to control the hob.
- Dishwasher with Voice Assistant – Your dishwasher is an essential appliance in your kitchen. That’s why you need a smart dishwasher with a voice assistant. It effortlessly interacts with Google Home or Alexa, so you can remotely turn the washer off or on.
Key Features of Smart Appliances
- Hands-free Cooking & Precision Cooking – Smart appliances enable us to get a warm home-cooked meal with minimal effort. By detecting the exact temperatures and moisture levels of food, smart cooktops and ovens help cook the food precisely.
- Time-Saving with Efficiency – When we are bogged down with numerous appointments and chores, smart appliances give us a chance to save time. They help us complete our kitchen chores quickly without compromising food quality. Smart devices turn off automatically when not in use – thus saving electricity and reducing food waste.
- Voice Control Technology - Integrate your smart appliances with virtual assistants like Alexa, Google Home, or Cortana; then you can use your voice to control the devices. It makes cooking more accessible and more convenient.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – For making the most of your smart kitchen appliances, connect them to the internet using your home Wi-Fi. Improve your user experience by making your kitchen devices interactive and leverage their intelligence and communication capabilities to make your life easier. Besides, if your appliances are connected to the internet, they can send an alert or switch off in case of a mishap.
- Improved Health – Smart kitchen technology can help you attain your goals to be healthier and eat better. Various applications enable you to track your calorie intake or use a smart blender to make daily healthy smoothies.
- Personalization – Smart appliances allow you to personalize your kitchen. For example, if you enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee every morning, you can program your coffee maker to brew a cup at the same time every day. If you have dietary restrictions, your recipe generator can choose only foods you can eat.
Kitchens of the future will be an ode to the evolution of human life that works with integrated technological innovations. Global preferences are changing, and technology like artificial intelligence can make our kitchens efficient and automated. There are numerous smart appliances in the market with differing features and functionalities. Choose devices that suit your style of cooking and save you time. With a good mix of traditional kitchenware and smart appliances, you can create a cooking experience you will look forward to.