Ants are a social insect that lives in huge groups called colonies. Any control or treatment plan you choose should include killing the whole colony and ensuring it doesn’t happen again. Even though most of the ants aren’t poisonous, we can all agree that they are a nuisance.
Why are ants so hard to get rid of?
Have you ever tried to kill all the ants and sweep off their trail thinking you have successfully got rid of ants only to fail miserably? What makes ants so hard to get rid is simply because ants live in complex and cooperative societies and that allows them to survive and thrive in conditions that might seem challenging to us. Take a look at some facts about ants that might interest you:
• Ants can lift and carry objects that weigh 50 times their own body weight making them one of the strongest creatures on earth.
• Ants communicate and cooperate using pheromones that can alert others to danger or lead others to a food source.
• Ants can survive underwater for 24 hours.
• A single colony can hold half a million or more ants
• A queen ant lays up to 800 eggs in a single day.
• The total weight of all the ants in the world will be equal or more than the total weight of all the humans.
Why should I be worried about ants if they are harmless?
Even though ants are pretty harmless on their own when compared to some other pests, the negative impacts they can bring into your lives are many:
• Food Contamination - Ants are more than capable of contaminating your food. Even though they are not known to carry any viruses or bacteria, we don’t know where they have been. For all we know, they were feasting on the carcass of a dead bird before crawling all over your food.
• Nasty Bites - Even though most species of ants are not poisonous and are relatively harmless when compared to some other pests like rodents or cockroaches, ant bites can be itchy and cause swelling and discomfort.
Moreover, if you have an ant-infested business space, your reputation is on the line.
The first step in fighting the war against an ant infestation is figuring out if the ants have a colony inside your house or if they are just coming to your house looking for food. With the best certified and experienced professional ant controller in netaji subhas road, kolkata, HomeTriangle helps in choosing the right professional for your home. Our experts are trained to recognize the type of ants infesting your home and provide a reliable solution to help control ant at home at an affordable rate. Log in to our website and book an ant control service today at your convenience and we will do the rest.