For ACs to work efficiently the gas in the compressors are of utmost importance. Both window ACs and Split ACs have compressed gas which helps inefficient cooling of the rooms. The working is similar to refrigerators. There are many reasons due to which the gas may be insufficient for effective cooling. Age is one of the main factors for the loss of gas in the compressors. Other factors due to which the gas may be insufficient are leakage in the compressor, cuts or dents in the pipes which may lead to leakage. Also when the AC is being uninstalled and shifted, the gas in the compressor may leak out due to the removal of pipes or bad handling during transportation.
1. How often should I refill the gas in my AC?
The truth you should know is that your AC unit won’t just consume the gas present in it. AC gas filling is not necessary unless there is a leak. If your AC is running the whole day and still not cooling your home, you should consider refilling AC gas.
2. Can I still run my air conditioner with less refrigerant than the recommended level?
Even though your AC unit will run with lessened coolant, you should absolutely not do this. If you run your AC with less coolant than the recommended level because it will pay way to damages and ultimately very costly repairs.
3. How do I book an AC gas refill service with HomeTriangle?
You can book an AC gas refill service with HomeTriangle either through our website or our app. Just log in and book a service at your convenience and our professional will take care of the rest. Alternatively, you can also call us on 76 76 000 100 to book a service.
4. How will I know if my AC is running low on gas?
Here are the 4 signs you should look to recognize whether your AC is running low on gas:
1. Your AC will start to make a hissing or bubbling noise.
2. There will be ice buildup on the copper refrigerant lines.
3. A sudden surge in electricity bill.
4. Despite running the whole day, your AC still fails to cool down your home.
5. How much does it cost to refill AC gas?
It depends upon the damage your AC has sustained. Our professional will let you know the cost of refilling the gas or any repairs prior to the refilling or repairs.
6. Why should I choose HomeTriangle services?
You should consider AC refilling services from a HomeTriangle professional because :
They are trained, experienced and certified.
They undergo strict background checks to ensure the safety of you and your home.
They provide on-time services.